Monday, April 12, 2010

Tulips and Daffodils Blooming

I was in Savannah, Georgia yesterday. The azaleas were five feet tall and covered in white, light pink, and dark pink blossoms. For all of the flowers in the city, there wasn't much of a floral fragrance in the air. In my garden, there are no five foot tall flowers, but while I was gone, the tulips and daffodils have started to bloom.

The onion seedlings that I planted outside before I left were worse for the wear. Many are so dried up that I don't think they'll make it. Fortunately, I have some left that are growing inside that I can just transplant to replace those that died.

My indoors seedlings were also very thirsty. A couple of pepper plants look like they're too crispy to live, but I think the others will be OK. I have too many plants for my garden space anyways.

I like this tulip. The leaves are ornamental even before the flower appears. And what a showy flower!

Moth on tulip leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment