Monday, March 9, 2009

In the beginning...

I am doing two firsts this year. I am starting a garden indoors and I am starting a blog.

Like all living things, this is not truly the beginning, but the culmination of events that preceeded. I have a community garden plot at Augsburg College. I planted my bulbs last fall on a beautiful, cool day. And, since that time, I have been dreaming about what I would plant in the spring.

My friend, Aneesa, inspired me to start plants inside. This is something I've only done on tiny scale before (a random tomato, herb, or sprounted potato).

So ideas for this garden have been percolating for months. About the time it seemed that planting time was drawing near, I decided I should probably purchase grow lights. This took a whole day and an education on how to wire fluorescent lights. I am still hoping that I don't burn the building down. But they look great.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of Vietnamese cilantro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to pick fresh herbs in my garden! that time will be coming again soon in the spring!

    ReplyDelete