Sunday, January 9, 2011

Seeds Came from Territorial

The seeds I ordered from Territorial Seed Company on 1/3 arrived yesterday on 1/8. Not bad.

I actually checked the mail after I got back from my favorite garden center. I was looking for a seedling heat mat. But the place was nearly empty. All of the Christmas stuff had been taken down and they were just setting up the seed racks. They had one seedling heat mat, but it was 20"x20", not a good fit for my shelving. I looked online and there are seed mats that are 9"x19", a better fit. I'll go back to the garden center sometime in the not so distant future and see what they have in. I would prefer to buy local.

Here's what I got:

My purchases from the garden center were: poop pots (peat pots made of manure) and seed-starting soil.

I planted my artichoke seeds. They're in the pots in the foreground. Also pictured are my gardening snowman (with apples in one hand and a trowel in the other, two bird figurines with santa hats, my spruce with Christmas lights, my cut flowers, a geranium, my new hen & chicks (which I named Henry before I knew that he was a hen and chicks), and my amaryllis (which has eight blossoms so far and a new flower bud arising).

No comments:

Post a Comment