Monday, January 17, 2011

The Christmas Tree is Down

I took the Christmas tree down today. That means that I set up my shelving for seedlings.
I've decided to try putting the grow lights along a wall instead of by the window this year. I don't have a sense for how much the sunlight contributes. And I don't have a sense for how much the temperature variation of the window matters. So this will be a bit of an experiment.

I only have two problems:
1) I have a digital, programmable timer. But I have no idea where I put it last year.
2) Fire inspection. I got a note about fire inspection last week. I don't remember when they said they were coming. And I don't know how they feel about self-assembled grow lights. But I have a hunch that they won't like it. Maybe I should take the lights down until I know I'm in the clear. Or maybe I should leave them up to see whether the fire inspectors think they're hazardous or not!

The artichokes germinated today. They germinated in eight days! Not bad. The seed packet said 10-20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment