Monday, November 8, 2010

Garlic In


I finally got the garlic planted. It's in the dark (watered) area above.
-I planted all of the cloves ~3" deep.
-I tried to line up all of the cloves in the same direction. The concave side points south.
-There are three rows (oriented the long way, north to south).
-Each row has eleven cloves in it, one of each variety:

From our garden this year:
1. Polish softneck
2. Italian late
3. Unknown hardneck
4. Inchelium red
5. Music
6. Big Unknown

From Territorial Seed Co:
7. Music - huge cloves
8. Polish softneck
9. Chinese pink

From Jung Seed Co:
10. Siberian
11. Inchelium red - moldy smell

I put some of the leftover garlic in the plot kitty-corner to mine. In that plot, the garlic is on the western side of the garden. There are seven rows (oriented north to south), each with ten cloves (one of each variety, except "big unknown"). I had only two "big unknown" cloves so I planted them at the south end of the plot. The concave side of the cloves is oriented east.

No comments:

Post a Comment