Thursday, March 18, 2010

Crocuses Are Up

Crocus.


I removed the mulch from around my bulbs. I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do. I'm a little worried that my plants are too tender and that removing the mulch will make them vulnerable. But the straw was a bright gold color that didn't seem to fit in and I thought the soil looked prettier. I did say a little prayer for my garden on the walk back to my house: "God, please don't freeze my little bulbs." Not that I suspect my bulbs are at the top of God's priority list, but it never hurts.

We just got our greenhouse assignments. I've never gardened in a greenhouse before. But Augsburg has added a greenhouse to our community garden and offered gardeners plots for the first time this spring. I'm really excited to give it a try.
Inside greenhouse, looking west.

My plot. It's about 3'x4'.

Meanwhile, inside, my artichokes are growing while I wait for my seeds to germinate.
Artichoke.

Peppers. Which seem to take forever to germinate. But it's only been seven days for the Thai Dragon peppers and three days for the other seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment