Saturday, May 2, 2009

April Showers Brought May Flowers

The end of the week was rainy. It was a much needed rain. Now the sun is shining. Highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. As expected, the rain, sun, and warmth have brought spring with them.

Tulips in my garden.

You can see my garden on the far side. This neighbor has beautiful onions. I think they left them in the ground through the winter.


Hyacinths? in my garden.


The chives have little purple buds on them now. Dan put some of these chives in our dinner last night. He made prosciutto-wrapped scallops decorated/flavored it with chopped chives. It was wonderful.
All around my garden the wildflowers and trees are beginning to blossom and grow leaves.










The weather forecast for next week predicts highs in the 60-70s and lows in the 40-50s. I would love to plant my seedlings outside but our last frost isn't until mid-May. My plants and I will have to wait patiently.
My tomato seedlings are 9" tall now and it seems like they're growing 1/2" daily since I transplanted them. I'm trying to keep the grow lights an inch or so above them, but they keep growing right up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment