Thursday, April 2, 2009

Morning Glory Transplant

I've heard that morning glories are hard to transplant. But my morning glories are getting too tall to live under the grow lights with the other plants. So I decided to try transplanting just one to see how it will do.



The empty spot in the middle is where the morning glory was. The tall morning glory on the left was the same size as the one that was transplanted. The roots were all the way to the edge of the dirt ball and already wrapping around. I tried to not disturb them.


Morning glory's new home. The holes in the seed leaves are actually from the seeds themselves tearing holes as they came off.

Addendum 4/7/09:

My morning glory is doing OK. A coule of the leaves have dried up and turned brown, but I suspect it is going to make it. I transplanted my other morning glories today.

No comments:

Post a Comment