Monday, March 14, 2011

Eight Weeks to Last Frost

It's eight weeks (plus two days) until last frost today.

The weather forecast is looking great for this coming week with temperatures in the 40-50s. I'm thinking about going out to the greenhouse to plant seeds for my early greens.

I'm debating planting marigold seeds (just because I like having the flowers inside) and basil seeds (to get a head start on the season).

I fertilized a few days ago. I haven't previously been attentive to fertilizing seedlings, but have read that, once they get true leaves, they benefit from a little fertilizer.

The grow rack today.

Celeriac seedlings in the foreground.

Today I planted seeds for:
-Cabbage - Earliana, red acre, early jersey wakefield, premium flat dutch late.
-Cauliflower - just one: early snowball.
-Peppers - bella hot, carnival mix, thai dragon.
-Flowers - forget-me-not (annual & biennial), penstemon, impatiens, vinca, bells of ireland.
-Okra - red burgundy

The onion seedlings got their first haircut.

Lupine seeds soaking. These seeds are OLD, I think they're from 2002 or so, so I expect low/no germination.

No comments:

Post a Comment